Following our adhesion in late 2016, the Grand BAZ'ART proudly participated in the first General Assmebly of the EOA, hosted by the GAIA Museum in Randers, Denmak, on May 19-20, 2017.
The association is open both to organisations and individual members (i.e. outsiser artists). Below is a brief presentation of the organisation and the excellent opportunities it provides for liaising with other actors in the field.
In August 2009 the first association for European outsider art was founded at a first general assembly at Museum Dr. Guislain, Belgium. This establishment is the result of a yearlong shared appeal to strengthen the voice of outsider art by improving intercultural coo-peration and dialogue across the European borders.
The association operates as an umbrella organisation for all cultural workers devoted to the promotion of marginalised art in the European cultural sector. The primary objectives of the association are to:
- create a favourable environment for those in this field willing to share experience, exchange good practice and set up partnerships at a transnational level.
- collect knowledge and share out information on
activities and movements in the international
outsider art scene.
- contribute to the shaping, development and
implementation of national and European policies and
- create a forum for promoting, exploring and debating the history and contemporary state of outsider art
- promote the rights of outsider artists.